Online videos have become a good means for businesses to make money. Studies state that 54% find it interesting to watch videos from businesses and brands they support. Hence, the huge rise in the popularity of video marketing.
While images outperform videos in engagement, video is fast growing these days. Having more than 1 billion active monthly users, Instagram is one social media platform that deserves special mention because the benefits of the Instagram search engine are giving amazing opportunities and new ways to explore the depth of digital marketing strategy.
Previously, Instagram was all about images, but with IGTV gaining widespread popularity in its early stages, it has become important for businesses and individuals to get on board with it to reap the rewards later on.
This guide explores everything to do with Instagram videos for growing your business in 2022. So, let’s dive in and find out more about Instagram videos.
Types of Instagram Videos, Their Formats, and Technical Specifications
The days of blink-and-miss videos on Instagram have gone. Now is the time to create highly immersive and long-form visuals of around 60 minutes. You can make your business way more batter with social media marketing and create Instagram videos that are engaging and interactive by adding stickers, effects, and annotations. And yes, you can even add links for redirecting the viewers to your site.
Some of the most common types of video formats used on Instagram are as follows:
Video stories are quite popular on Instagram, especially among marketers and brands. And there are good reasons behind this. Instagram Stories are entertaining, profitable, and fun. They not only help brands in putting their message across but even in boosting their sales by making shoppable Stories.
There are a number of things you must keep in mind when adding visual content to Instagram Stories.
- Use the MP4 file format.
- The length of the video should be between 1 second and 15 seconds.
- You can add sound quotes to the stories.
- You can use horizontal, vertical, or square orientations.
- The recommended aspect ratio is 4:5 and 9:16.
Instagram Video Stories are best for content creators and brands. They can narrate their brand’s story or share quirky post-work team meetings and do almost anything with no limits as such.
Users can even share user-generated visuals, inspirational videos, and sneak peeks of different events to communicate their brand message. You can brand your Video Stories with logos, typography, and theme colors.
IGTV is the first standalone platform of Instagram, which has gained huge attention recently. One of the greatest things about IGTV is that videos here can be unpolished and raw. This is quite dissimilar to the well-curated and thought-out video posts on other platforms.
Making good use of such opportunities you should use the best Instagram video editor for editing IGTV videos and giving them a more polished and professional look. You can consider IGTV videos as an extension of Instagram Stories, but with IGTV, you get more scope for creativity.
Technical specifications for creating IGTV videos:
- Horizontal or vertical orientation
- The length of the video should be between 10 seconds and 15 minutes. The maximum video length for users with verified accounts is 60 minutes.
- 9:16 is the ideal aspect ratio.
- MP4 file type is recommended
- The resolution considered best is 720 pixels and higher.
- The maximum file size is 650 MB for a 10-minute video and 36 GB for a 60-min video.
- The preferred size for the cover photo is 420 pixels with an aspect ratio of 1:1.
IGTV videos are perfectly suitable for webinars, interviews with experts, and panel discussions. This is because of their expansive format.
In 2016, Instagram Live gave brands and businesses a new way of connecting and interacting with audiences in real-time. Users can add guests to their Live visuals and exchange comments with viewers. In addition to this, they can even save Live replays in the form of Stories to watch online.
Technical specifications for Instagram Live videos are as follows:
- MP4 file format
- The video length can be between a few seconds to a minimum of one hour
- 9:16 should be the aspect ratio
- Vertical orientation
Instagram Live videos are best for Q&A sessions with followers and BTS or behind-the-scenes footage from business promotions and events. Such videos are also one of the greatest ways of launching limited-time offers.
Ensure sharing exclusive sales coupons before going live. This way, people will buy stuff during the live video session itself. Nevertheless, the best way of using Live videos on Instagram is to use them as lead generation tools for getting email IDs.
As a brand, you can give your mailing address to users to submit all their questions. Another option is to create landing pages for people to register for the Live video sessions.
Critical Instagram Video Ideas
So, now that the basics have been discussed, let’s go through Instagram video ideas businesses can use for the growth and wide reach of their products and services.
- Always work on sharing something entertaining. This is important because the majority of Instagram users keep scrolling through their feeds just looking for entertainment. Entertaining videos on Instagram will be the perfect way of showing brand personality.
- In the same way, people also like inspiring content. So, try sharing inspirational videos on Instagram. Create Instagram videos that motivate and inspire followers to chase their dreams, get more from their lives, and feel better without being excessively cheesy.
- Narrate a story because stories are one of the most powerful ways of connecting with people.
- Use Instagram videos for teaching something new related to your product or your brand. It can also entail sharing advice, wisdom, or some thought-provoking idea you can write the details in text format in the caption.
- Promote existing products through Instagram videos. This can be highly effective. You can even get a bit technical and highlight the ins and outs of the best features of your product.
- Share a teaser and launch your new product through Instagram videos. Use Instagram Stories to share teasers.
I hope this guide on using Instagram videos for growing your New business will be highly useful. Remember, if your Instagram video is helpful, fun, and engaging, there are good chances of the video earning a loyal fan base. So, just make them interesting, and followers will be automatically interested.